Wednesday, September 28, 2005

My response to Beav's When are you happy thread:

When I'm on a trip with DW, going anywhere to do anything, is when I feel the happiest. And if the kids are there, even better. Like Bystander above, daily life at home is very hectic, and when it's not hectic, we're all in separate rooms doing our own separate things. But when we get away together, all the little "too cool to be with my family" masks drop away and the kids can love their parents and be human again. :)

I am happy when I'm able to help people, especially if I can share my faith as I'm doing it. Whether it's doing Habitat or something like that, or just having faith discussions on PM, I like it because it helps solidify my thinking on things.

I'm happy when I'm hanging with my wonderful friends and their beautiful kids. Some of these folks I've known for 30 years, and we still have a ball together. And if half the kids out there are as great as my kids and my friends' kids, we are in good shape in the future.

And like Beav, I'm happy looking at the beauty of God's creation every day. Even driving to work is a joy because of the beautiful sunrises in the wide open sky around here.

2 comments:

Glowie said...

Well well well.
Hello there. *waves*

jenbeauty said...

Wonderful sentiments Boner. Actually going to Cleveland for an Indians game on Saturday w/hubby and his family. It will be on FOX and I am told we have good seats.

We are staying the night at a hotel and I am hoping this little get away plus the drive will help sort things out. We get 2 hours alone in the car. I think some things could get resolved.

*smooch* for being so cool and can I link you to my blog?